Web Developer, Software Engineer, Linux 12 to 36 months experience but will consider a recent / fresh graduate with good personal projects experience. An exciting opportunity exists for a enthusiastic software engineer to work in web development at a leading technology company based in Milton Keynes.
You will enjoy a mixed role - both supporting the company's website and digital marketing initiatives, and working with engineering teams building converged cloud communications applications.
- You should have a good degree in Computer Science or a related engineering discipline.
Required Ideal Technical background and capability:
- System administration and software development on Linux and Windows
- Knowledge of Web Security
- Virtualisation (AWS EC2, VMWare)
- Database programming (MySQL, SQL Server)
- Web Services/REST APIs & Cloud Based Applications
- Understanding of TCP/IP and networking
- Webpage design
Preferred Technical background:
- CRM systems (Microsoft Dynamics) & marketing automation
- GIT, Jira, Agile, Jenkins, Selenium
- AWS DDB, S3, etc., etc..
- Python web frameworks (CherryPy, Flask, Django)
- Browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE, Edge, etc.)
- Less important, but useful (SIP, WebRTC, PHP, Wordpress)
Personal qualities required:
- Software literate. Technically enthusiastic and ambitious.
- Innovative and creative with an imaginative approach to solving problems.
- Clarity and conciseness in written and verbal communication
- Good English language skills (spelling, grammar)
- Self motivated, versatile and a willingness to learn.
Responsibilities will include:
- Programming, data migration (SQL) and web technology support for our internal marketing team in implementing a new (internal) CRM with a focus on Digital Marketing
- Web page and web portal design, development and implementation for company products, both data-centre and cloud based, increasingly incorporating AI and ML (Machine Learning)
- Development and execution of test plans
- Providing technical and stakeholder support when necessary
- Undertaking very occasional national and (more rarely) international travel if required.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, team worker with a creative and imaginative approach to solving problems and good inter-personal skills.
- Two or more years work experience is desirable, although a more recent graduate with an excellent degree will certainly be considered.
Web Developer, Graduate Developer, Junior Developer, Linux
To apply please send your CV in Word Format with a covering letter detailing your current salary and notice period.