Support Engineer, Junior / 1st Line Network Support, Help Desk , IP Networking IPv4 IPv6 IP Addressing, CompTIA Network + , CENT, Network Engineer, Networking Degree.
Excellent Managed Services company to start your career !
We thrive in a company culture that is driven to deliver more for customers. Our employees are committed, proactive and motivated. This dynamic environment contributes to a thriving growth-focused culture throughout.
About the Position
This role is based within a Technical Support team we are looking for a person with excellent IT Support skills. The role requires this person to provide exceptional customer support on all products sold.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in a 24x7 shift pattern, including bank holidays and weekends
- Being first point of contact for support, via telephone, email and portal
- Logging support calls for our customers within the helpdesk system ensuring information collected is accurate and prioritised appropriately
- Working against contract service level agreements (SLAs)
- Pro-active monitoring of internal and customer systems
- Keeping support requests up to date
- Ensuring all relevant parties are kept informed of progress on support tickets
- Assist with request for change (RFC's)
- Providing technical input to support requests to progress or resolve
- Working to achieve quarterly bonus objectives
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate an understanding of some or all of the following attributes: -
- Self-Driven to improve their technical knowledge.
- Proactively find solutions to complex problems.
- Available to attend specific vendor training days away from home if necessary.
- Keep up to date with any vendor specific certifications or required external certifications.
- Understanding of fundamentals of IP Networks
- Understanding of fundamentals of VoIP
- Understanding of fundamental network security (Firewalls, Antivirus).
- Knowledge of web-based administration and command line interfaces.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems
Any of the following attributes would be advantageous but are not essential:
- Experience of SSL technologies and certificates.
- Knowledge of NAT, Port forwarding would be a great advantage.
- Experience of configuring IP based products, firewalls and routers.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server operating systems with Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP or other directory systems.
Junior / 1st Line Network Support, Help Desk , IP Networking IPv4 IPv6 IP Addressing, CompTIA Network , CENT, Network Engineer. This is a perfect 1st or 2nd job for an aspiring Network Engineer.
For more information and to apply for this role please apply with a Word CV , current salary and notice period.