Storage and Server Engineer Dell/EMC Storage, Deployment Engineer, Implementation, Remote and on Site, Home Based & Client Sites
Leading Professional Services Business are seeking a Systems Engineer to join their Enterprise Professional Services Business. The primary role is to support Channel Partners with design, deployment, configuration, upgrades and migrations of IT solutions based around a core portfolio of Storage, Networking and Virtualization technologies, with particular previous experience and focus on Dell/EMC technologies and Huawei.
This role is based within the services department and we are looking for a person with excellent storage and TCP/IP networking skills. The role requires this person to provide exceptional customer support, and to be able to install these products onto a customer site while under pressure to a specific scope or have to think on your feet and develop a solution while with the customer to meet their requirements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Previous installation experience based around Dell/EMC, Huawei or similar technology.
- Good understanding of Applications, Operating Systems, Virtualization and Networking.
- Exceptional client facing interpersonal & communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve deadlines.
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a team on deployments.
- Self-motivated and a willingness to learn new technologies Assist clients with the use of the products and services and ensure best practice configuration.
- Assist with our presales team to train customers and partners with online training suits like TeamViewer for a product demonstration or remote configuration.
- Create FAQ's and customer help documentation to support the products that are sold by ExertisVAD.
- When required perform remote or on-site installation of products to a deadline.
- Work in conjunction with sales and technical presales to scope and specify the correct products.
- Be able to perform an installation either to a specific scope or work with the customer to design in a solution to successfully achieve the customer's expectations.
- Be trained to deliver technical training events and courses to a certified level (This will be done once sufficient training and experience has been attained).
The successful candidate will preferably have technical accreditations with Dell/EMC/Huawei and deployment experience. Preferable certs are DellEMC Unity and SC Series (Compellent) & Huawei HCIP (Storage and DataCentre) although not essential if you have the experience additional training to be provided as necessary preferably you will have technical experience in the entire Virtualized stack from application through to Storage. A good knowledge of Backup, Archive and Recovery is also beneficial.
For more information or to apply please send your CV