CCIE # Lead Network Architect, Service Provider, Core Networks, Midlands and Manchester Office Potential to work from home.
Growing telecommunications service provider MSP urgently seek a talented CCIE # Network Architect to Lead the design of an industry-leading network and infrastructure platform that can continue to grow and scale with increasing customer volumes and application requirements.
The CCIE-SP # Lead Network Architect will hold a senior position within the business and be responsible for a small team of senior network architect engineers who will be direct reports.
The Lead Network Architect will be the 'go-to-person' and technical authority within the business to take complete responsibility for all network and infrastructure development, design, implementation, capacity management and change control planning and technical decisions.
Duties and business objectives of the role will include:
- Own and manage the technical plan, technical tactics and strategic direction of the network and infrastructure platform to ensure it meets the business objectives and overall vision of CaaS.
- Support, guide and technically mentor the small team of senior engineers and direct reports to ensure there is a high-performance technical team and succession.
- Work alongside the Solutions Director and consistently explore product, service and hardware R&D. Bring your learnings into the business so we can continuously improve and stay ahead of the market and our competitors
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly network and infrastructure controls and management
- and develop industry best-practice when it comes to capacity planning and performance management.
- Work alongside the management team to identify commercial innovation through the design and deployment of technology to improve the customer experience, product and service value.
- Drive robust and industry-leading technical compliance and technical governance across our network and infrastructure and ensure we are securely protecting our customers and employees in their digital connectivity requirements.
- Provide technical leadership in the execution of any M&A transactions or large scale outsource
- Heading Programs where we will be acquiring or inheriting network or infrastructure platforms. This will include due diligence pre-deal, and transition and transformation post-deal.
- Own and manage the budget, including cap-ex and op-ex, of the network and infrastructure platform.
Background: What experience is needed in order to be able to do the job?
- CCIE # At least 10 years' experience working in a Service Provider environment supporting Cisco core network and providing technical support to end customer solutions
- Experience of creating and delivering network designs and customer solutions based on a set of requirements working at Architect Level
- Able to create Low level/high level network designs
- Able to manage and prioritise team work streams and deliver to tight deadlines
- Experience of working with Telecoms providers such as BT, Colt, Virgin-Media, and Vodafone
- Pre-Sales experience would be advantageous
- Previous experience of OSS systems including: Solarwinds, Observium, Cacti and Greylog
Qualifications: Are there any qualifications/ educational standards needed to do the job?
- Holds a valid CCIE-SP # qualification for at least 10 years
- Additional qualifications such as CCSP, CCDP, JNCIA, JNCIP, JNCIE etc. would be beneficial
- Experience working with Cisco Voice platforms and SIP trunking advantageous
- Fortigate or Cisco ASA Firewall experience advantageous
- Public Sector Network (PSN) experience would be advantageous
- Good understanding of the Telecoms Market
- Have in-depth knowledge of network protocols including MPLS, BGP, OSPF, VPLS,VPNs, QoS
- Good understanding of WAN technologies including: Leased Lines, Carrier Ethernet, EFM, xDSL
- Hands on exposure of cisco routing and switching technologies including:
- ASR9000 and ASR1000 series
- ME3600 or ME3800 Metro Ethernet switches
- Cisco 6500, 3700, 2900, 1900, 1800 and 800 series
Fantastic company with great prospects, plenty of opportunities to keep progressing and be technically challenged with the latest technologies. Salary negotiable with an attractive benefits package. Potential to work form Home as well as the office.
To apply or find out more information, please call or send CV via this advert.