JAVA Developer - Mid to Senior 50K to 55K
Milton Keynes ( A5) 1 min leading .COM
We are looking for a Mid to Senior Java Software Developer who is up for the challenge of delivering top notch software tools to our lively bunch of internal users, to enable them to continue to deliver an excellent customer experience in a rapidly changing and increasingly complicated world.
Our Software Developers are self-motivated and passionate about using the right technology to build the best solutions. They are the creative brains behind the design, optimisation and maintenance of our increasing number of internal applications and tools. You will be working within a close-knit multi-skilled agile team who are collectively responsible for the quality of the end product.
A typical week as a developer might involve
- Writing code across the whole technology stack from front-end CSS through to application Java to back-end SQL
- Collaborating with your team to find solutions to complex business problems while not compromising on user- experience
- Helping your team decide which features you're going to deliver in this sprint
- Playing planning poker to estimate user stories
- Reviewing other developers' code and debating different options
- Investigating, prototyping and promoting the best technological solution to a problem
- Helping to make applications faster and more stable
- Liaising with third party software providers/partners to discuss technical approaches or issues
- Occasional travel to London to meet with other development teams
We're looking for someone who
- Has strong problem-solving skills
- Likes to write code that explains itself
- Promotes TDD and is passionate about delivering well tested quality solutions
- Looks to share their knowledge with the rest of the team
- Cares how their code performs in the real world
- Asks questions and uses the experience of those around them
- Likes to debate the merits of different coding solutions
- Takes the initiative when they spot an opportunity for improvement
- Has a willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies
We would love someone to have any of the following
- Commercial experience of writing web applications with Java
- Good knowledge of Spring, Hibernate and SQL
- Agile development experience including estimating stories and short iterations
This company is a popular employer and favourite .COM that employs the best tech team who are bright, driven, enthusiastic and collaborative professionals. The working environment is set in spacious and cool office space with open plan areas and modern break outs and kitchens. There is plenty of parking around and beautiful country surroundings including amenities and places to exercises or walk near by. The company has a fantastic history of growth and development as well as a friendly and supportive culture that advocates career development and learning. On the cusp of Milton Keynes litterally 1 min off the A5 junction.
To apply please send your CV in Word Format with a covering letter detailing your current salary and notice period.