The Field Service Network Engineers role is a customer facing role and therefore has a great deal of influence on the customer experience and is a technical conduit back to Service Desk and NOC ensuring kit is installed on site and configured and working correctly.
Key responsibilities for Field Service - Network Engineer: CCNA
- The engineer is part of team of multi-skilled individuals will also interact with other teams such as the Customers, Vendors, Service Desk, NOC, Logistics and other internal departments as required
- Key result areas will be related to successful completion of the key tasks of the role
- Targets will be set and measured on a regular basis
- Attend incidents and installations as assigned in a timely and efficient manner
- Travel to customer premises across the UK and EU may be required at any time with short notice
- Understand the need for prioritisation of incidents, and except that business drivers may need to be taken into account
- Escalate incidents to the 2nd/3rd Line as appropriate
- Maintain communication with all relevant teams during the life cycle of an incident
- For managed services, co-ordinate with NOC to ensure configurations are correctly applied and service has been restored to users
- For Maintenance customers, ensure site contact has tested functionality and has agreed functionality has been restored.
What is needed become a Field Service Network Engineer
- CCNA/Entry level certification (or working towards) from one of the major vendors or experience working with equipment from one or more of the major network vendors (Cisco, preferably)
- Experience in dealing directly with customers in an on-site environment
- Ability to troubleshoot network related faults and issues
- Engineers may also need to work within other Service Delivery teams as required
- CRB, SC and other clearances will be required due nature of supported contracts
- Valid Passport and Driving License required
- Flexibility as the role will demand changes to work patterns at short notice
Field Service, Network Engineer
To discuss this role and to speak to the recruiting consultant, apply to this now, reply to the link or apply via the website.