The Data Support Analysts focus expert knowledge of the Market Place website as well as connected systems, applications, and business rules to troubleshoot, problem solve, and offer technical support to our website users.
Working as a mixture of first line and second line support, this role requires the ability to problem solve under pressure, and the ability to communicate with and influence internal clients at all levels within the company. This role also involves collaborating closely with our developers to build a wide-ranging knowledge of the different areas of the business, as well as the technologies that drive them (including Oracle, for example).
A typical week as a Support Analyst might involve
- Providing support for internally used systems by troubleshooting and resolving issues when something goes wrong
- Being a key part of the decision-making process where new product offerings, pricing strategies or commercial initiatives are being planned, or solutions for these are required
- Supporting our customers and consumers by investigating issues identified by our Customer Experience teams
- Being a technical translator of information between our development teams and our users
- Regularly travelling to our London Office to maintain a strong, collaborative relationship with our Product Development teams
- Liaising with external service providers, as well as our customers' technical teams where necessary, in order to resolve problems
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to assess the impact of bugs and other incidents as well as acting to mitigate risk when we identify it
- Acting as a consultant to the business, using our unique position and understanding of both internal systems and the Consumers Website to provide a valuable perspective
- Driving the upskilling of our front-line support teams, as well as other Support Analysts
We're looking for someone who
- Is at their best when analysing and diagnosing to get to the root cause of an issue
- Wants to be constantly learning more about how website data and systems fit together
- Is enthusiastic about dealing with large, complex data sets
- Can easily break down the requirements and scope of a problem
- Has the confidence to challenge those requirements, as well as the priority placed on the work
- Is extremely organised, able to prioritise and multi-task effectively without much guidance
- Has the ability to communicate with all levels of the business, particularly in translating between technical and nontechnical teams
- Enjoys having a sense of ownership for the work they deliver, particularly where that drives team and business objectives
- Is self-aware and rational, someone who will constructively challenge their own perspective on a problem as much as they will challenge someone else's
- Experience in using SQL to query databases and write bespoke reports
- Experience in using Excel beyond a very basic level
- A working knowledge of relational databases
- Familiarity with 'Agile' principles and methodology
This company is a popular employer and favourite UK consumer brand that employs bright, well educated, driven, enthusiastic and collaborative orientated professionals. The working environment is set in spacious and cool office space with open plan areas and modern break outs and kitchens. There is plenty of parking around and beautiful country surroundings including amenities and places to exercises or walk near by. The company has a fantastic history of growth and development as well as a friendly and supportive culture that advocates career development and learning.
To apply please send your CV in Word Format with a covering letter detailing your current salary and notice period.