Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer - BI Analyst, Reporting Engineer, Data Analyst next step Design Implement BI tools and process. such as BI MicroStrategy, Tableau, Qlik or Power BI
We are looking for a Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer who is up for the challenge of transforming the way we extract, analyse and share data insights. You will partner with teams such as Finance, Revenue Operations, Product Development and Customer Experience to deliver first class analytical applications through the careful design and implementation of BI tools and processes.
we are passionate about using technology to facilitate BI and build the highest quality analytical applications that enable us to make more informed decisions every day. This role provides real opportunity to gain new skills and develop existing skills as you help shape and drive the future of BI
A typical week as a BI Engineer might involve
- Acting as a "consultant" for analysts to suggest, review and potentially implement solutions to reporting requirements
- Build, refine and document the abstract layer that sits between the BI applications and core database technologies, facilitating self-serve analytics for analysts
- Working with analysts and stakeholders to define analytical requirements for upcoming projects and occasionally helping implement the best technical solution to more complex problems
- Managing the BI platform (including MicroStrategy) to ensure tools are available and fully functioning for our users, including working with third parties to troubleshoot when necessary
- Strive for a "single source of truth" by maintaining high level and cross-team "core" business metrics that are used by senior management to understand the performance
We're looking for someone who has
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills
- Excellent SQL skills and a solid understanding database technology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Stakeholder management - you will be coordinating with lots of different departments which means working with lots of opinions, personalities and varying technical abilities
- A quick and willing learner who isn't afraid to push the limits of what's possible
- Can do, will do attitude
- Ability to take feedback to further succeed
- Is comfortable working within Agile principles
- Excited to work with new technologies and embrace change as the team evolves
- Experienced with a BI reporting system such as MicroStrategy, Tableau, Qlik or Power BI - MicroStrategy preferred
This company is a popular employer and favourite .COM that employs the best tech team who are bright, driven, enthusiastic and collaborative professionals. The working environment is set in spacious and cool office space with open plan areas and modern breakouts and kitchens. There is plenty of parking around and beautiful country surroundings including amenities and places to exercises or walk nearby. The company has a fantastic history of growth and development as well as a friendly and supportive culture that advocates career development and learning. On the cusp of Milton Keynes literally 1 min off the A5 junction.
To apply please send your CV in Word Format with a covering letter detailing your current salary and notice period.