IT Service Desk Manager, 1st/2nd line Technical Support, IT Service Operations, Windows Server, Remote Access, Networking, Cloud technology, ServiceNow
We have an exceptional opportunity for a talented IT Service Desk Manager to join one of the world's most successful automotive companies! This is an opportunity to challenge yourself, collaborate with talented people in a word class team and work in an inspiring environment. In return, you will be offered a competitive salary, a fully comprehensive benefits package and a role that will challenge you to realise your full potential.
As the IT Service Desk Manager you will be responsible for managing and leading the first and second line technical support team and be the lead point of escalation so as well as having a proven Lead / Desk Manager experience you will also need to be technical as it is a hands on role. You will ideally have technical competency across technologies such as Microsoft Office, Windows Server, networking and cloud infrastructure. Reporting to the IT Service & Operations Manager.
Key skills & experience:
- Proven track record of working within an IT Service Desk environment and of managing and leading operational and technical teams
- Demonstrable ability to drive performance and introduce improvements to existing team members to deliver results
- Proven experience supporting and working with on-premise and cloud technology (PC applications including Microsoft Office, OSX, Linux, Windows 7/8/8.1/10, networking, infrastructure)
- Experience using Service Desk tools (ServiceNow ideally) and remote access technologies e.g. VPN RDP VNC
- Experience of deploying new IT equipment (build and deploy)
- Ability to absorb complex technical information and communicate effectively at all levels including to non-technical audiences
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Educated to degree level
- ITIL v3, MCP/MCITP/CCNA certified desirable
If you are looking for your next big challenge then we would love to hear from you! Apply now for immediate consideration.